[Van-pm] September 8 Meeting - Speakers & Hosting

Zachary Blair zack_blair at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:56:40 PDT 2010

Jan Dubois wrote:
> Why not?  Writing user-friendly GUIs in *any* language is hard work,
> and I think it is actually easier in dynamic languages than in say C++. :)

It's interesting that you mentioned that GUI development may be easier using dynamic
languages than C++, because Qt actually relies on extensions to C++ that make it act
more like a dynamic language.

For instance, Qt adds introspection, reference-counted objects, and a class that
can store numbers or strings, and convert between the two. Whenever I am learning about
a library like that, I can't help but appreciate Perl a bit more for the things it has built-in.

Cheers,
Zack