[Van-pm] Announcement

Luke Closs lukecloss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:56:41 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Scott McWhirter
<scott+vancouver.pm at konobi.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So I have 2 announcements to make.
>
> 1) Vancouver Perl Workshop.
> I spent quite some time trying to organize a Workshop to happen this
> year, but unfortunately over the weeks/months I started to realize it
> was unlikely to happen. Due to the olympics, a lot of conferences were
> pushed out of their normal time slots for the year and this has had
> the knock on effect of making very few facilities available over a
> weekend any time around when we had been planning. Once we go beyond
> that time, we get into the normal perl conference season, so I decided
> that we should put VPW off until next year.

What do you think about hosting a small-er VPW at VHS during some
weekend?  It's relatively un-used on the weekends.  VHS would be hella
cheap.

> 2) Vancouver.pm Leadership
> As many of you know, I'm now working with a client on a full-time
> basis and the combination of this and other ongoing commitments, I'm
> afraid I no longer have the time to be fully active in the role. I am
> therefore going to stand down as the vancouver.pm lead and allow
> someone else to take over the role.

Thank you, Scott, for the energy and time you put into your
Pumpkingship of Van.pm.

Just to encourage the new Van.pm leader, I'll volunteer to give a talk
at the next Van.pm on a topic of their choice.

Cheers,
Luke