[Van-pm] Announcement

Scott McWhirter scott+vancouver.pm at konobi.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 21:56:36 PDT 2010

Hi All,

So I have 2 announcements to make.

1) Vancouver Perl Workshop.
I spent quite some time trying to organize a Workshop to happen this
year, but unfortunately over the weeks/months I started to realize it
was unlikely to happen. Due to the olympics, a lot of conferences were
pushed out of their normal time slots for the year and this has had
the knock on effect of making very few facilities available over a
weekend any time around when we had been planning. Once we go beyond
that time, we get into the normal perl conference season, so I decided
that we should put VPW off until next year.

2) Vancouver.pm Leadership
As many of you know, I'm now working with a client on a full-time
basis and the combination of this and other ongoing commitments, I'm
afraid I no longer have the time to be fully active in the role. I am
therefore going to stand down as the vancouver.pm lead and allow
someone else to take over the role.

If anyone feels like they have the time and drive to ensure that
vancouver.pm meetings continue, please feel free to drop me an email.
I can still provide support and will still be chasing folks from out
of town to come and speak, but I really need someone to fill those
cat-herder shoes.

Thanks,

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -konobi-