[Van-pm] [Pre-Announcement] Vancouver Perl Workshop, 2010

Scott McWhirter scott+vancouver.pm at konobi.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 20:10:22 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I want to let you know that after discussions with possible sponsors,
prospective speakers, prospective attendees and representatives from
The Perl Foundation; I've decided to go ahead with a plan to host a
Perl Workshop here in Vancouver. There was an overwhelmingly positive
response from those we talked to, so it looks like we'll have a great
workshop.

We're currently aiming for late April/early May, though this will
depend upon venues. We're also aiming at the 100 attendees level with
a reasonable proportion of local attendees.

These workshops require time, effort and dedication put in to make
them successful and I'm thankful that Kevin Jones and Michael Nachbaur
have offered their assistance with this task. If anyone else would
like to be involved in the organization, please let me know. We're
also thankful that The Perl Foundation will be able to provide us with
support with many aspects of the nitty gritty details of the workshop.

If anyone knows of any companies or groups who might be interested in
sponsoring such an event, please let me know. The more sponsors we can
get, the more interesting speakers we can help get to the workshop.

Any other feedback would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -Technology Consultant-
[ Cloudtone Studios - http://www.cloudtone.ca ]