[Van-pm] Tech Meeting, 14th May 2009 @ Gossamer Threads

Scott McWhirter scott+vancouver.pm at konobi.co.uk
Sun May 3 22:03:25 PDT 2009

Hi all,

There are 3 talks lined up:

* Jeremy Stashewsky - "Introduction to TheSchwartz and Parallel::ForkManager"

* Scott McWhirter - "Setting up Business in BC"

* Scott McWhirter - "Catalyst, a prototype in a day"

We also have several lightning talks lined up:

* Aki Mimoto - TBD
* Zach ??? - TBD (network device automated testing, iirc)

If anyone feels like doing a lightning talk about any topic at all,
please feel free
to add yourself to the lineup on the wiki or drop me an email and I'll add you.

Venue:

Gossamer Threads have graciously offered space for our meeting. Their office
is located on the west side of Granville St close to the intersection with West
Pender St on the 5th Floor of 455 Granville St.
(Google map: http://xrl.us/bekhbb)

After-meeting drinks:

>From now on, I think we'll be using the Elephant and Castle (this may change
if that ends up being a game night).

Background on speakers:

Scott - Local Vancouver entrepreneur and consultant at Cloudtone Studios.
Scott has been developing using Perl since 1998 and has been an active and
contributing member of the perl community for many years.

Jeremy - Local Vancouver perl hacker and developer at Socialtext with primary
interests in building web tools and working with FOSS and Linux environments.

Other details:

The Vancouver.pm wiki is available at http://www.socialtext.net/vanpm/
or available through http://vancouver.pm.org

I have also set up a LinkedIn Vancouver Perl Mongers group available here:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1756057

thanks,

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -Technology Consultant-
[ Cloudtone Studios - http://www.cloudtone.ca ]