[Van-pm] Fwd: [Vanhackspace] July 9: Intro to Relational Databases at VHS

Luke Closs lukecloss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:26:30 PDT 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Davis <jeff at textsfornothing.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Subject: [Vanhackspace] July 9: Intro to Relational Databases at VHS
To: VHS <vanhackspace at lists.uselessdegree.net>

Hey, hackers!

This Thursday, July 9, is database night at VHS!  We'll be doing a
beginner's class on relational databases -- a quick-and-dirty
introduction to designing and setting up a MySQL database, with advice
on good practices and common pitfalls.  Our sample project is building
the database backend for an Asterisk-based VOIP robo-call service.  If
you're interested, come on down.

WHERE: VHS, 45 W. Hastings St. (entrance is off back alley)
WHEN: Thursday July 9 @ 7:00 PM

Jeff