[Van-pm] Tech Meeting, 12th February 2009 @ Sophos

Scott McWhirter scott+vancouver.pm at konobi.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 15:06:25 PST 2009

>> We also have another speaker at the February meeting!
>>
>> * Phil Whelan - "POE - the basics"
>>    My experiences using it, and other event based systems in Perl.
>>
>> Speaker background:
>>
>> Phil - originates from the UK where he started his Perl life in 1998
>> working on Library systems for a company called Talis, before jumping
>> in the dotcom bubble with Jungle.com... which burst. Spent sometime
>> building C++ apps, then back to the web and Perl with Livedoor.com in
>> Japan, BBC in London, and now MailChannels in Vancouver. Currently a
>> core developer on MailChannels' SMTP proxy, Traffic Control.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go for post-meeting beers?
>
> Since no-one has made any suggestions for beer, I'm going to delcare
> beer at Smiley O'Neals (http://www.smileyonealspub.com/) which is at
> West Pender and Hornby (google map: http://xrl.us/befbxf). It's beside
> the days inn hotel there and has a small set of doors that's easy to
> miss.

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that the Van.pm technical meeting is tomorrow
night at 7pm @ Sophos.

I suddenly realized that I have a bunch of books that I need to take
down with me, is anyone driving downtown that might be able to help me
get these books to Sophos?

thanks,

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -konobi-