[Van-pm] Job posting

Chris Simmons simmons.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:15:59 PDT 2008

Hi all,

David contacted me with the following job posting, and tried to send
it to the list (it bounced due to him not being a member). I thought
it could be interesting for somebody out there, so I'm passing it on.
I have no knowledge of or affiliation with SIGMA, so please direct any
questions to David.

-chris

-----------

SIGMA Search Group Inc. is seeking a Senior Systems Developer for
their client in Burnaby. This person will take responsibility for the
maintenance and enhancement of  a sophisticated marketing and CRM
platform. Design and programming will be primarily in Perl and C,
however, a broad knowledge of other web development languages is
highly desirable.

Duties will include:

·                Interacting directly with customers, collecting and
implementing requirements, issue trouble shooting and resolution.

·                Design, coding, testing, and debugging in a Linux and
Solaris environment.

·                Documentation of applications and systems.

Job Requirements and Experience:

·                More than four years experience doing in-depth
programming and administration

·                Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills.

·                Excellent Perl programming skills.

·                Good C programming skills.

·                A good understanding of email protocols and large
volume mail delivery

·                Solid grasp on the maintenance and theory required to
support very large SQL databases, MySQL experience preferred

·                Capable administrator of Sun Solaris and Linux systems.

·                A self starter who is capable of working
independently with good time management skills.

David Rogers
Principal
SIGMA Search Group
Suite 1500, 701 West Georgia Street