[Van-pm] Web Developer Position

Gavin halkeye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:51:26 PST 2008

I know its been a while since any jobs were posted on here.

My company, airG, is starting to hire some more web programmers. Pretty much
we are looking for anyone with some experience and can handle php or perl.

We actually have put up a few "interviews" of a couple of employees as an
example of life at airG.
John, Software Developer - http://airg.com/careers/profile_JohnK.htm
Rob, Tech Team Lead -     http://airg.com/careers/profile_Rob.htm

Job Posting:

    Web Developer

    How often does an opportunity come along to build a product that will
end up in the hands of millions of customers and shape the future of the
mobile entertainment industry?

    At airG, we develop mobile communities and wireless social networking
products that resonate with the hip and trend defining 18 - 30 demographic.
We're working with industry leaders such as Verizon, Sprint Nextel,
Cingular, Bell Canada and T-Mobile to define an entirely new way of
interacting on your mobile phone. In our ideally situated office on
fashionable Robson Street in Vancouver, we're creating products that enable
millions of customers to experience a sense of being connected.  Wirelessly.

    airG has the fastest growing social network on mobile phones with more
than 20 million unique users worldwide and is available on more than 85
mobile operators in 33 countries, and growing!  To further accelerate this
rapid growth, we are in search of a talented and motivated Web Developer to
join our team!

    Your Qualifications:

    Minimum 3 years experience in software development and a post-secondary
education in computing science or engineering, or an equivalent combination
of experience and education.
    Experience with one or more of: PHP, Perl, C++, C# or Java
    Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both technical and
user-friendly language
    Strong organizational, problem solving and multi tasking skills
    Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
    Highly motivated and willing to learn new technologies

    We work in a carrier grade, high uptime, secure and optimized web
environment that will enable you to use all of your skills to develop
application servers and dynamic interfaces, design databases and manage
schema/data.

    In addition to having a flexible and relaxed work environment, we
believe that our culture and values set us apart. The values that we all
share and look for in those we work with include being entrepreneurial,
passionate, creative and fun. airG offers an attractive and competitive
compensation package, a comprehensive benefits plan including a flexible
wellness program and staff purchase plan for mobile devices.

    Plug in to the world's largest mobile community. Plug in to airG.

    For more information, check out www.airG.com

Apply @ http://tinyurl.com/3a74ye