[Van-pm] New in Vancouver

Robin Clarke robin at robinclarke.net
Fri Aug 22 01:58:27 PDT 2008

Hello!

My name is Robin, I'm 30 years old, Irish, living in Munich/Germany, and
moving to Vancouver middle of October.

I'm currently working for a small online marketing company
(http://www.exelution.com) doing project planning and development of the
tools and web interfaces necessary for our internal processes.  We
work mostly with MySQL and Catalyst, doing data conversion, reporting,
statistical analysis and optimising.  All going well, I will continue
working for my company, telecommuting.  But, neitheir I, nor my company
has any experience with telecommuting, so it could turn out that it
doesn't work out, and then I'll be looking for work in Vancouver.
... which is why I wanted to introduce myself to you, hoping you can give
me some ideas:
- is there much software work available in Vancouver?  I'm particularly
interested in database applications, virtualisation and distributed
processing, analasys and optimising, but am also experienced in project
management and engineering systems.
- What salary (ballpark) can I expect given I have 7 years experience in
management and development.

If you want some more info about me:
http://cv.robinclarke.net/index_EN.shtml

Looking forward to hearing from you, and any tips you can give a techy
newcomer to Vancouver!

Best regards,
-Robin-