[Van-pm] Job Posting: airG Perl Developer

Gavin halkeye at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:25:58 PDT 2008

Forwarded on from HR:

Software Developer

How often does an opportunity come along to build a product that will
end up in the hands of millions of customers and shape the future of
the mobile entertainment industry?

At airG, we develop mobile communities and wireless social networking
products that resonate with the hip and trend defining 18 – 30
demographic. We're working with industry leaders such as Verizon,
Sprint Nextel, AT&T, Bell Canada and T-Mobile to define an entirely
new way of interacting on your mobile phone. In our ideally situated
office on fashionable Robson Street in Vancouver, we're creating
products that enable millions of customers to experience a sense of
being connected.  Wirelessly.

airG has the fastest growing social network on mobile phones with more
than 20 million unique users worldwide and is available on more than
100 mobile operators in over 40 countries, and growing!  To further
accelerate this rapid growth, we are in search of a talented and
motivated Software Developer to join our team!

Your Qualifications:

•	Minimum 1 year experience in software development and a
post-secondary education in computing science or engineering, or an
equivalent combination of experience and education
•	Experience with Perl:  PHP, C++, C# or Java is an asset
•	Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both technical
and user-friendly language
•	Strong organizational, problem solving and multi tasking skills
•	Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
•	Highly motivated and willing to learn new technologies

We work in a carrier grade, high uptime, secure and optimized web
environment that will enable you to use all of your skills to develop
application servers and dynamic interfaces, design databases and
manage schema/data.

In addition to having a flexible and relaxed work environment, we
believe that our culture and values set us apart. We are young,
vibrant and passionate about what we do. The values that we all share
and look for in those we work with include being entrepreneurial,
creative, accomplished, team oriented, motivated, hard working and
professional. airG offers an attractive and competitive compensation
package, a comprehensive benefits plan including a flexible wellness
program and staff purchase plan for mobile devices.

Plug into the world's largest mobile community. Plug into airG.

For more information, check out www.airG.com