[Van-pm] May 9th meeting

Chris Simmons simmons.chris at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:43:14 PDT 2007

I've updated the Van.pm website (http://vancouver.pm.org) with more
info about the meeting next week (Wed, May 9, 7pm, Sophos, 580
Granville Street). A brief synopsis in case you don't feel like
heading to the website:

- We've lined up a few guest speakers from out of town, but if you're
still interested in doing a 5-15 minute presentation, let me know

- ActiveState and Sophos are going to cover pizza and drinks/snacks,
respectively

- We've got a high-profile speaker coming - Bill Odom, president of
the Perl Foundation. Bill has offered to give a non-technical talk on
software engineering topics, and has also offered to have a community
forum / Q&A session.

Since I'm going to be ordering food, I'd like to know approximately
how many people are coming out. If you're able to make it to
Wednesday's meeting, could you either drop me an email, leave a
comment on the website, or reply to the list? I wouldn't want to order
too much / too little pizza.

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!

-chris