[Van-pm] Seek Perl solution/Perl gurus

Vincent Li mcli at brc.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 8 14:07:43 PST 2007

Hi Monks,

We have a software program called BBMouse http://www.bigbenchsoftware.com/
to do mouse colony-management, The BBmouse works on Panorama databse
engine http://www.provue.com/ which will store database records as txt
file.

But the BBmouse program does not work well, data record often get lost,
the program crashes a lot.

I am thinking of replacing this program with a LAMP solution, which users
can  add/delete/modify/print the data record from web interface. Perl is
prefered because I do some general perl system administration.

I don't know much about perl web programing, so I am looking for a Perl
gurus who can make this happen and proves Perl can do yet another thing :)

Please contact me if you are interested.

Vincent Li
Computer System Administrator
The Biomedical Research Centre
University of British Columbia