[Van-pm] [Job] Gossamer Threads is hiring!

Alex Krohn alex at gossamer-threads.com
Thu Aug 16 18:09:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

Gossamer Threads is growing again and we have two job openings available
immediately: a linux sys admin and a web developer position.

Web Developer:
We are looking for someone with a good background in Perl and web
application development to join our team of developers. This is a full
time position to enhance and develop our products and create new
applications from scratch for our clients.

Must have a solid programming background and experience with relational
databases. Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an
asset:

    * mod_perl
    * MySQL/Postgres/Oracle/MSSQL
    * Application frameworks (Catalyst, Mason, etc)
    * Web UI Toolkits, CSS, Javascript
    * Bricolage
    * Request Tracker

Linux System Administrator:
We are looking for someone with a love of Linux and server hardware to
help manage our datacenters. You must have a solid foundation in Linux
and use it on a day to day basis. Attention to detail, strong problem
solving skills, and an independent and creative
work ethic are essential.

Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an asset:

	* Gentoo portage system
	* Cluster and High Availability technologies (DRBD, Heartbeat,
	Linux-HA, etc)
	* Experience with kernel development
	* Cisco networking
	* Server monitoring and Management (SNMP, RRD, Mon, etc)
	* Perl
	* Server virtualization
	* Hardware debugging (memtest86, mprime, smartctl, etc)
	* 64 bit systems

With over 250 servers in Vancouver and London, there are lots of
opportunities to work with a wide variety of technologies in
this challenging position.

Being on call is required. This is a full-time onsite position.

About Gossamer Threads:
Gossamer Threads is a privately owned company that has been developing
web based applications in perl since 1995. Our office takes up the 9th
floor in the historic Sun Tower in downtown Vancouver, one block north
of Stadium skytrain. We also handle the hosting and ongoing development
of a lot of large sites running our software.

For more information on the company life, please have a look at our
site:

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/corporate/
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/blog/

If you are interested in any of the above positions and would like to
find out more, please feel free to drop me an email.

Oh, and I'm also hoping to make it out for the Catalyst talk on Saturday.
=)

Cheers,

Alex

--