[Van-pm] [Fwd: Re: SPUG: Meeting Announcement -- Audrey Tang -- 22 June 2006]

Stas Bekman stas at stason.org
Wed Jun 14 17:04:04 PDT 2006

Peter Scott wrote:
> At 03:05 PM 6/14/2006, Vincent  Li wrote:
>
>>>Audrey Tang (formerly known as Autrijus) is a Taiwanese free software
>>
>>programmer, best known for initiating and leading the Pugs project, a
>>joint effort from Haskell and Perl communities to implement the Perl 6
>>language.
>>
>>>She is also known for internationalization and localization
>>
>>contributions to several Free Software programs, including SVK, Kwiki,
>>Request Tracker and Slash, as well as heading Traditional Chinese
>>translation efforts for various Open Source-related books.
>

> Looks like SPUG isn't familiar with Audrey's true gender :-)

Little did we know. Audrey is now indeed a women:
http://pugs.blogs.com/audrey/2005/12/runtime_typecas.html

(I've asked Jerry that same question and he has sent me that link)

Stas Bekman    mailto:stas at stason.org http://stason.org/
MailChannels: Reliable Email Delivery http://mailchannels.com
The "Practical mod_perl" book         http://modperlbook.org/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stasbekman http://perl.apache.org/