[Van-pm] meeting topics

Helen Cook hvc at cpan.org
Thu Sep 29 12:25:09 PDT 2005

Hi All,

The website may have claimed that there was supposed to be a meeting
today; this was a lie.  Meetings will resume in October.

Speaking of meetings, it's hard to arrange for speakers when I'm not
sure who the target audience is.  There are lots of people on this list,
and I don't know if you are all quiet because you already know
everything, or because the talks that we've been having are too advanced
or uninteresting.

Please fill out the following brief survey so that I will have a better
idea of what you are interested in, and can make the meetings more
relevant to you.

1.) How long have you been using Perl?

2.) How would you rate your skill level with Perl?

3.) What do you use Perl for?

4.) Would you prefer to attend social or technical meetings?

5.) What level of technical talk would you be most likely to attend?

6.) Please rate the following possibilities for talks in order of
preference:

    - an introductary talk on modules, databases, mod_perl or suchlike
    - embedding perl
    - a talk by Gurusamy Sarathy
    - bioinformatics or other scientific computing with perl
    - tricks learned from mjd's Higher Order Perl book
    - <other> fill in with your favouite topic that I have missed

7.) Any other comments?

Thanks!

--h