[Van-pm] meta group meeting

Luke Closs lukec at ActiveState.com
Fri Nov 25 12:24:17 PST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:29:30AM -0800, Helen Cook wrote:
> Thanks, Luke.
>
> Yesterday, you mentioned that the php group was interested in having a
> joint meeting/party/hackathon with us and other groups that use the
> activestate space sometime in December.  Do you have more details?

This is from the email I got:

  Any ideas? Some sketchy details:

  December Meeting Social

  combined user groups that meet at ActiveState for a casual meeting of
  the minds, a networking event, user group appreciation, impromptu or
  planned activities some food and non-alcohol drinks

  Prep requirements/Tasks (in no particular sequence)

    Research interest of other groups in attending and participating
    in costs

    Choosing a time and date

    Registration (to get and idea of numbers to feed and space
    requirements)

    Do we plan activities or leave that to the chaos factor?

    Food planning and cost distribution

    Promotion -email broadcast

  There may be other considerations so if you have any ideas please add
  to them here.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Luke

--