[Van-pm] YAPC::NA::2006 Venue Selected

mock mock at obscurity.org
Wed Nov 2 17:43:15 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 06:57:53AM -0800, James.Q.L wrote:
> chicago pm looks like a good venue (of course since it got selected:) and very active group too.
> it's closer to toronto comparing vancouver for me. =)
>
> maybe next year, guys? :-)
>
> James

We actually intended to submit for 2007, it was only when we found out that no
one had submitted before the deadline that we hurried things along.  Hopefully
the committee will give us some feedback on our proposal so we can improve it
for next year.  Also one of our issues was finding a venue downtown that
can support more than 300 people.  The numbers for Chicago should hopefully
give us a better idea if 300 is the right guess for attendees, or if we should
try to plan better for 400.

Anyway, I'm off to figure out how to get 5 lcd projectors on a plane to tokyo.
Happy happy joy joy.

mock