[Van-pm] Regular meeting date

David Labatte davidl at ActiveState.com
Tue May 31 13:50:24 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 15:39 -0700, Helen Cook wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 02:23:16PM -0700, Luke Closs wrote:
> > I'm a perl developer here at Sophos, and I'm excited about the perl
> > mongers starting up again.

Well if Luke thinks it's awesome I'll delurk to express my +1 :)

> Excellent!  I'm glad there is excitement, I really want to get this
> going again regularly.
>
> > Unfortunately, Tuesday is juggling night for the Vancouver Juggle
> > club, so myself and a few other perl hackers/jugglers won't be able to
> > make it.
>
> Certainly it can be moved; I picked the date mostly at random.  The
> constraints I was working with were Vanlug (third monday of the month),
> Brunix (second wednesday) php group (second thursday), and also YAPC::NA
> which is at the end of June.

I share this concern about Tuesdays also.

> Either the first or last week of the month does a reasonable job of
> distributing these events uniformly.  Monday, wed, thurs?

+1 for Mon. But I'm not picky since I share Luke's excitement about the
rebirth of van-pm and will be doing my best to spread the Awesomeness of
it my fellow Sophos perl developers (if Luke doesn't beat me to it!).

> How does the last Monday of the month starting in July work for everyone
> else?

I'm there along with whoever I can drag with me, oh and see you on the
14th too :)

Cheers,
  Davidl