[Van-pm] June meeting

Helen Cook hvc at cpan.org
Wed May 18 18:11:28 PDT 2005

Hello,

Ok, time to plan a meeting for early June.

Would you be more inclined to come out for a lecture style presentation
to learn something rather than to a more social sort of get-together?

Maybe you just want to show off your latest project.  Who wants to give
a talk?  Let's have a bunch of speakers, each with 15-20 minutes to
present their projects, hacks, obsessions, peeves.  We're not going for
lightning talk rapidity here, nor the pressure of giving a full length
presentation.  Tell us why you did what you did, what you would have
done differently, what worked particularly elegantly, you know, why it's
cool.  This could also be a useful way to get feedback on a project
that's in progress, or to practice a talk (Dorian?).  Simple stuff is
fine, and probably better than overly elaborate, complicated things..
though they also have their charm.

Some examples:

  My favourite way to do i/o with Perl
  How I made two formerly incompatible things talk to each other
  Perl's place between open source statistics and graphing packages
  Regex engine hacks (Will?)

Any takers?

--h