[Van-pm] another introduction - visiting from LA

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin at scaldeferri.com
Sun Jul 10 10:52:04 PDT 2005

As these seem to be all the rage lately and I just arrived in Vancouver
last night:

Hi!

I'm visiting Vancouver for the next 3 weeks or so, coming from Los
Angeles.  My girlfriend is here for a summer exchange program at UBC
and I'm fortunate enough to be able to work remotely from here.  I'm a
developer at Yahoo!, working as part of the Search Marketing division
(formerly known as Overture, formerly known as GoTo).

I've already met a few of you at YAPC two weeks ago, and I'm looking
forward to meeting more of you, over beer or coffee, or at a regular
meeting, where Helen has arranged for me to present the talk I gave at
YAPC and am giving at OSCON on highly scalable server architectures
("How to Serve a Billion Requests a Day with Perl").

We're staying in Dunbar, on 30th Ave, but I have a car here and am
generally handy with public transit, so I can get about a bit to meet
up with people.

-kevin