[Van-pm] Newcomer

Vinicius Alves perl at atechs.com.br
Sat Jul 9 15:31:29 PDT 2005

Hello Helen,

Although YAPC::Brasil was held in my city of birth, I was unable to go
because I´m currently living elsewhere.

But true, I heard it was an absolute success, especially because it was held
together with the 6th edition of the International Free Software Forum
(FISL) which had 5000 attendees.

Visiting Vancouver is definitely in my Todo list, as well as touring Canada
in general. Actually, my wife and I have serious thoughts of migrating. :-)

Perl in Brazil isn´t as widespread as I´d like it to be, I´m not sure why.
How is it in Canada? By what I found in the Net, I had the impression that
Java was the language of the moment. Is that right?

Viko