[Van-pm] Perl Job posting

Tanya Huang thuang at yachtworld.com
Mon Dec 19 17:35:07 PST 2005

Hello All,

My company has an opening for a junior/intermediate web application programmer
to program in Perl and some Java. If you are interested, or know of anyone
who might be, the email to apply to is: engineering-jobs at boats.com (more info
at the bottom of this email).

The job is posted on T-Net, but we've been getting mainly Java people with
very little Perl. An updated job description is shown below. Java experience
is OPTIONAL.

thanks :)
Tanya
---------------

Job Description:

YachtWorld.com is looking for a Junior/Intermediate Web Developer to join the
engineering team in our downtown Vancouver office. This is a full time
position which offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The working
environment is fun and relaxed.

You will be responsible for developing web applications using Perl
technologies. You will have the opportunity to do end-to-end engineering,
from analysis and design to ensuring the application is tested and deployed
successfully. At times you will implement entire new features yourself, and
at other times you will work in collaboration with other developers.

Qualifications and Experience
You must have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or an engineering/scientific
discipline
- One year's commercial server-side programming experience, using Perl
- Experience developing web-based user interfaces with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and SQL
- Familiarity with object-oriented design

Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- MySQL database server
- Apache web server, Tomcat or Resin
- Linux or other Unix
- XML
- Java/J2EE
- Javascript

About us
We provide e-commerce and on-line marketing services to the marine industry,
and work closely with boat brokers, builders, dealers, and customers to help
promote the growth of the industry. Our flagship products, the www.boats.com
and www.yachtworld.com web sites, are the leading marine destinations on the
internet, with over 3 million page views per day.

boats.com & YachtWorld.com are a division of TraderOnline.com, which is a
division of Trader Publishing Company. Trader Publishing Company is
headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia and owned equally by Landmark
Communications, Inc. and Cox Enterprises, Inc. You will be joining a
fast-growing, financially stable, profitable dot.com owned by billion dollar
companies.

Please email your resume to engineering-jobs at boats.com (with subject line
"Junior/Intermediate Web Developer"), indicating your availability and salary
requirements.