[Van-pm] CGI taint mode

Vincent Li mcli at brc.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 6 14:07:53 PST 2005

> Vincent Li wrote:
> [...]
>>

>> But line 44 uploadinfo function see $file as undefined. line 42 and 44
>> are
>> in the same scope, I don't understand why line 42 and 44 see $file
>> differently.
>
> It doesn't see it as undefined. It just doesn't find that file and
> uploadInfo($file) returns undef. So you need to write it as:
>

>    if (my $info = uploadInfo($file)) {
>        print $info->{'Content-Type'};
>    }
>    else {
>        warn "can't find $file";
>    }

Now I understand, I rewrote the script as you said, it gives me "Global
symbol "$info" requires explicit package name....". I changed it to

my $info = uploadInfo($file);
if ($info) {
     print $info->{'Content-Type'};
}
else {
      warn "can't find $file";
}

then, no error complain, but nothing wrong with your declarartion of
$info.   In error_log, it did say the file could not be found. What
reason cause the file not be found?

--
Vincent Li
System Admin, UBC