[Van-pm] august meeting

Helen Cook hvc at cpan.org
Wed Aug 10 16:57:52 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Hey, let's have a meeting in August.  I've been off enjoying my summer
and haven't arranged for a speaker yet.  THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!  You have
something to say: put it together and be heard.

I've tentatively listed the date on the webpage http://vancouver.pm.org
as Thurs, Aug 25th, 7:30pm.

At the beginning of last meeting I suggested that we have some time at
each meeting where a couple of people could spend 5 minutes talking
about stuff they're done recently and either want to show off or get
feedback on.  This should be a way to start a discussion about the
"best" way to do it, recruit help for a project, and so forth.

I want to make this group a place where beginners and people new to Perl
can feel welcome to present, and where it's easy for everyone to
interact and connect.  I hope this will be a successful way to do that.

So we need:

* one brave volunteer to talk for about 40 minutes on something
* a couple of people to talk for a short amount of time about some other
  things(1)

--h

(1) I will be one of these people.