Website

Nicholas Clark nick at unfortu.net
Tue Apr 8 15:35:56 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:04:52PM +0100, Chris Benson wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Nicholas Clark <nick at unfortu.net> -----

> (Except on Gnome, where Gnome puts its desktop background in front of the
> X root window and I've not yet worked out where the "transparent" option
> on the "solid colour or wallpaper" choice is. :-)

It's a preference on Nautilus. (uncheck a box about Nautilus drawing the
desktop. At this point your desktop wallpaper seamless becomes the root
window, rather than being another window drawn on top of it)

If you just xkill the window that is the desktop then Nautilus respawns.
It's undead, I tell you. :-)

Nicholas Clark

PS Is this list really still running on majordomo?