[cb@jesmond.demon.co.uk: The evenings are drawing in ... anyone up for a meeting?]

Chris Benson cb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 14:24:24 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I sent this out a couple of weeks ago when I had email problems.

Did anyone see it?

Is anyone coming?

Best wishes
----- Forwarded message from Chris Benson <cb at jesmond.demon.co.uk> -----

From: Chris Benson <cb at jesmond.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:55:53 +0100
To: tyneside-pm at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: The evenings are drawing in ... anyone up for a meeting?

Hi,

Now the evenings are getting shorter (and cooler) and there's less time
to spend messing about on whatever you choose to do on summer evenings
...  How about restarting Tyneside.pm meetings?

This is prompted by Piers Cawley of London.pm who is visiting the N.E.
in early October (and will miss the London.pm meeting thereby).  Also by
the fact that I have a new job (so I can afford to go out :-) which
doesn't involve working away from home for weeks at a time -- so I can
actually be here.

Piers will probably be here Thursday 3rd October: same date as the
London.pm (Thursday after the first Wednesday in the month), so I
propose that as a suitable date and to see who can come.

Quoting from the "mission statement" ... in case you've forgotten :-)
> We are a Perl users from disparate backgrounds, based around Tyneside,
> who want:-
> * a social event with other technical people
> * to develop a local group that can support each other in technical and
> other areas
> * improve our use/understanding/... of Perl
> * to promote Perl as a good platform ... for application development and
> convenient utilities
> * but most of all to have fun
>
> We have started meeting for a social event in the Bridge Hotel,
> Newcastle upon Tyne on the first Thursday of the month.
>
> Please come along to the social meetings or join the mailing list
> and tell us who you are and what you'd like to do!

I can't seem to get to the mailinglist admin functions at the moment.
I'll try to update the docs a bit as soon as possible.

Best wishes and hope to see you in October.
--
Chris Benson