Hello

Alice Wood alice at schiffwood.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 19 17:39:07 CDT 2002

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the list as of last week. I
have been steadily getting into Perl over the last couple of years, having
programmed in heaps of other things for years. When I'm not hidden behind a
computer screen I occasionally masquerade as a teacher. I have recently
escaped up to Middlesbrough from London and am currently 'resting'.

On a Perl related note (apologies if you know this already), on the fun with
perl list this week, someone set up an interesting puzzle/quiz, email below.
Seemed interesting enough.

From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd at plover.com>
>To: fwp at perl.org
>I taught a class in Illinois last week, and one of the students asked
>if there was a mailing list that would deliver a weekly Perl quiz or
>programming puzzle.  I said I didn't know of one, but that it sounded
>like a good idea, and that I would set one up when I got back.
>
>I am now back.  If you want to get the quiz-of-the-week, send a note
>
>       perl-qotw-subscribe at plover.com
>

>Please feel free to circulate this announcement to appropriate venues.
>
>Thanks.

The first quiz has just been completed, please email me if you want the
questions.

Best wishes,

Alice Wood