Perl 5.8.0 is released

Chris Benson chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 17:03:38 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:16:58PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> In case you've not read use.perl, slashdot, the london.pm list or anything
> else carrying the news, Perl 5.8.0 is out.
>
> It has now escaped to various CPAN mirrors (although not ftp.demon.net last
> time I checked.)
>
> However, the fine folks at flirble.org have it on their mirror (located in
> Soho, and well connected), accessible via both http and ftp:
>
>     http://cpan.m.flirble.org/src/perl-5.8.0.tar.gz
>     ftp://cpan.m.flirble.org/pub/lang/perl/CPAN/src/perl-5.8.0.tar.gz

and it compiles:-

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for ppc-linux

And there appears to be endless documentation.

And perldelta mentions Nick twice ;-)

And thread.pm is not built by a
	sh Configure -des
build -- so I'll have to do it again ... sometime.

Lots of good stuff in there.

[It's also get a real message instead of the usual spam ... does anyone
have and questions? comments? suggestions? ... or even start meeting
again?]
--
Chris Benson