Help!!!!

Chris Benson chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 16:40:17 CST 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 08:15:01PM +0000, Alice Wood wrote:
> Ever had the feeling you've been doing too much!

All too frequently :-}

> OK, for the first time ever I am attempting to install bits from CPAN (Is that
> groaning I hear). I am installing the Tk Bundle, so I follow all the bits
> from the Camel, the readme is useless. According to my listing I
> haveBundle::Tk installed, however, I am getting the following message.

You've not chosen the smallest module to install ...

> Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> .) at test1 line 4.

Look for the file as Dave suggested.  But be careful of copying it --
there's a bunch of related stuff:- (I was going to C+P the list is 180+
lines) including shared-libs built for your platform and version of Perl.

One of the aggravations I have now is that

	gamma:~ $ /usr/bin/perl -v
	This is perl, v5.6.1 built for ppc-linux
but
	gamma:~ $ perl -v
	This is perl, v5.8.0 built for ppc-linux
	gamma:~ $ type perl
	perl is hashed (/usr/local/bin/perl)

So I have to make sure I build modules with the perl I intend to use
them with. So:

Q. Do you have multiple perl-s?

Q. Do you have Tk.pm in the 'right' directory:-
	/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/ppc-linux/Tk.pm
	/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/ppc-linux/Tk.pm

> test1 is my program, so what do I do now.
>
> I think I need a mince pie,

Nothing but chocs and mince pies at work for two weeks ... I'm looking
forward to the savoy cabbage, roast taties and parsnips :-)

P.S. if you (can) add an Approved: pinkstuff line in the mailheaders to
expedite your messages.
--
Chris Benson