July meet?

Chris Benson chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 13:21:31 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:11:58AM +0100, Chris Neale wrote:

> Not sure how many people on this list already know about this, but Tyneside
> Linux User Group meet on the first Sunday on each month in Coffee Republic
> (Grainger Street, next to the big 'man on a stick' monument) at 12:00.
> General Linuxy banter most of the time.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you.  I have two questions though:

a. Is the July meeting therefore Sunday 1st July?  (London.pm have a
heretic 'thursday after the first wednesday' faction to avoid meeting
on the 1st).

b. 12 midday as opposed to 12 midnight? ;-)

> Would it make sense for the two groups to meet at the same time? Us Linux
> lot are more than willing to chat to other people, contrary to stereotype,
> and its more the merrier for all. There is a considerable Linux/Perl
> crossover, and it would mean that the meeting would certainly involve more
> people. The Linux one currently gets about 10 members turning up.

I'm game,  what about the rest of you-s?
--
Chris Benson