[tpm] This months meeting: Feb 23, Cees Hek

Dave Doyle dave.s.doyle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:08:39 PST 2017

Hello Perl Mongers,

We are still alive.  No one (or several) have stepped forward to organize
the meetings.  I will still gladly provide the venue to the new organizer.
However, if I don't have to hunt for talks, that's 90% of my stress taken
care of.  So, if y'all keep coming forward with talks, I'll keep posting
them.

Cees Hek - Taking your PostgreSQL queries to the next level: I'm going to
talk about some of the features that have been added to the PostgreSQL
query language in the last few years.  Features that you are either using
already, or you didn't know you wanted:  New join types, grouping clauses,
window functions, schemaless data storage with jsonb, powerful jsonb query
constructs, filtering aggregate functions.

The venue now hosts Ladies Learning Code on the same night but they will be
in the large event space. We will continue in the conference room.

Please see details here:

https://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Perl-Mongers/events/237706617/

Thanks,
Dave