[tpm] Meeting venue and CoC

Dave Doyle dave.s.doyle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:40:00 PDT 2015

Hello PerlMongers,

I may be able to obtain hosting from Mozilla for September and October.  We
will have to move the September meeting to the Tuesday (Sept 29) and adopt
a Code of Coduct for Mozilla to provide us the space.  I've taken the
YAPC::NA Code of Conduct and adapted it to our purposes.

If you have a problem with this, now is the time, otherwise, I'm going to
put this on Meetup.com and link to it today.

Thanks,

Here is what I propose:

Code of Conduct

1. Purpose

The Toronto PerlMongers believes our community should be truly open for
everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and
welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation,
disability, ethnicity, religion, or country of origin

This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour.
We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, vendors, and other
participants to help us realize a safe and positive meeting experience for
everyone.

2. Scope

We expect all participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees,
vendors, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all meeting
venues and meeting-related social events.

3. Expected behaviour

Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
Alert meeting organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in
distress.

4. Unacceptable behaviour

Unacceptable behaviours include: intimidating, harassing, abusive,
discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees. All
Toronto PerlMonger venues may be shared with members of the public; please
be respectful to all patrons of these locations.

Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual
orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or
sexual images (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation,
stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained
disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and
unwelcome sexual attention.

5. Consequences of Unacceptable behaviour

Unacceptable behaviour by other attendees, organizers, venue staff,
sponsors, or other patrons of Toronto PerlMongers venues will not be
tolerated.

Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply
immediately.

If anyone engages in unacceptable behaviour, the meeting organizers may
take any action they deem appropriate including expulsion from the meeting
without warning.

6. What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behaviour

If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is
being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please
notify, in person, Dave Doyle (dave.s.doyle at gmail.com) or Olaf Alders (
olaf.alders at gmail.com) if possible or if impractical, via email.

7. License and attribution

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike