[tpm] I have dropped the ball - need help

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Mon Oct 27 21:04:19 PDT 2014

On 10/27/2014 11:55 PM, Olaf Alders wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2014, at 11:46 PM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> too bad i can't make it. i have run perl job bofs at the last 3 yapcs and they seem to have been useful to the attendees.
>>
>> a simple tip i tell all my candidates is that an interview (phone or in person) is a conversation, not an interrogation. be ready to ask questions to the interviewer. ask about their favorite project, company issues they don't like, cool tech stuff they use or stuff they despise, etc. learn about their development AND corporate cultures too. culture fit (corporate can be MORE important than technical!) is critical.
> Hi Uri,
>
> We'll be doing the meeting via Google Hangout, so if you'd like to present something via that medium, we'd be more than happy to give you some time to do that.  If this Wednesday doesn't work for you, we could look at scheduling you at the November meeting as well.

hi olaf,

interesting idea. we have used hangout at some boston.pm meetings. tell
me what i need to do on my end to see your meeting and let me annoy you
all ^W add my cogent comments. it looks like i will be free this wed
eve. what time do you start? i want to make sure i get home from day job
and have some dinner first.

thanx,

uri