[tpm] Gift for Scott Williams

J Z Tam jztam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 06:40:12 PDT 2014

if he is a chef/foodie/hunter,  I could make him a blade that would see regular use.

use Knife;

On Tue, 6/17/14, Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca> wrote:

 Subject: [tpm] Gift for Scott Williams
 To: "TPM" <toronto-pm at pm.org>

 Global
 Knowledge have been generous enough to provide us with
 meeting space since 1994, and that was thanks to their
 president Scott Williams.
 As the arrangement is ending Alan Rocker and I
 have been looking at options to give him a token of our
 collective gratitude.  We are circling around something
 like http://www.thedeskworks.com/sheaffer300-glossblue-presentation-pen-set2.html
 as an appropriate and useful gift (that is something that is
 less likely to end up in the back of a cupboard and
 forgotten than some tchotchke).
 There are a couple of things I want to check with
 the group:
 * Does anyone have any suggestions for
 alternative gifts?* If we go with something
 similar to this, would a few of you be willing to chip in to
 help cover the cost?
 I hope to get to a final decision and get the
 process moving by the end of this month, so there will be
 time to discuss it on the mailing list or at this
 month's meeting.
 Cheers,
 Mike

 --