[tpm] Fwd: Microsoft Sponsored Kinect Hackathon - August 8, 9, 10 - Hosted by Deep Realities Inc.
talexb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:50:26 PDT 2014
My colleague Jennifer Janik passed this along to me. It sounds like a
pretty neat technical opportunity in Kitchener-Waterloo.
And if there are K-W Perlmongers on this list, please feel free to pass
this along. Thanks!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Janik <jenjanik at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Subject: Microsoft Sponsored Kinect Hackathon - August 8,9,10 - Hosted by
Deep Realities Inc.
Do you think you know people who would be into this type of hackathon?
We have created an amazing, unique event for the weekend of August 8, 9,
10th. The Microsoft Kinect for Windows engineering team is coming to
Kitchener to support the Deep Realities Kinect Hackathon. Space is limited
to the first 100 people to register.
REGISTER HERE: *http://deepkinect.eventbrite.ca
*Why is the event so awesome?*
We're creating a cultural, creative and technological convergence for an
amazingly active weekend!
- Friday night social is a chance to form teams or find kindred spirits
to collaborate both creatively and technically
- Microsoft is bringing their top Kinect Engineers to provide training
- You'll have a chance to work with the Microsoft experimental NFC
technology that isn't available anywhere else
- Microsoft is providing Kinect Sensors and cash prizes for the winning
- Everyone attending receives a USB loaded with the *complete *Microsoft
Kinect For Windows Software Developer Kit so you can continue to develop
(or work with someone else to code) for Kinect after the weekend
- Microsoft is sponsoring awesome food for all the meals
- Conestoga College is providing at least 20 iMac creative stations
loaded with Adobe CS6 and other music/creative editing software so
designers can participate easily in addition to programmers
- UX and UI designers, storyboarders and other creative types are
welcome to create conceptual
- Smokin' Tony's BBQ is providing really delicious food all weekend
- It's the ONLY Canadian stop on the hackathon tour that has been to
Beijing, Berlin, New York City, Dallas, Redmond, San Francisco and possibly
Amsterdam. Kitchener gets to join that list of awesome, happening cities
- It will be in the Kitchener Studio Space at 44 Gaukel Street, right in
the middle of the free Kitchener Blues Festival. When you need a break, you
walk out the door into a Festival (http://www.kitchenerbluesfestival.com)
- One of the Building Waterloo Region architecture exhibits is in the
same space (http://buildingwaterlooregion.ca) providing an awesome
retrospective of the history of that building (The Kitchener Post Office).
Microsoft is bringing their top engineers, Surface Pro workstations, USB3
Hard Drives to run bootable development environments on USB3 compatible,
Kinect sensors, SDK's for everyone, prizes ... and probably t-Shirts ;-)
Please register soon as space is limited to just 100 people. Please let me
know if the $20 ticket is a financial barrier.
I'm really excited about being able to bring this technology to town with
the full support of the Microsoft experts and equipment. I'm also hoping
that UX/UI specialists, Designers, Creatives and Digital Media skills will
participate as well as the developers so that we can showcase the unique
combination of skill that Waterloo Region has to offer. Bring your sketch
books and art supplies! Bring your imagination!
NOTE: This is a very relaxed event. People can work as teams or
individuals. You can come with concepts that you want to build, or just
come to learn how to work with technology. Compete for the top prize, or go
with the flow, learn and create.
Please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested in this
awesome weekend experience.
Hope to see you at this unique, rare event!
CEO, Deep Realities Incorporated
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the toronto-pm