[tpm] Devel::hdb - Visual debugging, in a web browser

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Oct 19 08:43:16 PDT 2013

Hi Quantum Mechanic,

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:14:48 +0100
Quantum Mechanic <quantum.mechanic.1964 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Saw this, tried it, didn't really work on Firefox. There's a brief thread on
> Perl Monks, someone else could only get it to work on Chrome (not FF or IE),
> and mentioned another browser debugger, whose name escapes me...

I was able to interact with hdb comfortably on Firefox here on Mageia Linux
Cauldron. I'm using firefox-24.0-5.mga4 (the so-called ESR Release I think),
and I whitelisted the localhost from NoScript, and I don't have AdBlock
installed. But everything I tried - step/run/step over ; setting a breakpoint,
inspecting a value/etc. just worked. One should note that Devel::hdb uses
jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, and other tried and tested portable technologies,
which should better ensure its portability.

I wonder why it doesn't work for you in Firefox. Can you try in a new
Firefox profile? See:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Profiles

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish