[tpm] Get organised or don't bother

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:39:48 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-31, at 5:33 PM, J Z Tam wrote:

> Attendance Tracking:
> Hey Alan,
>   I know how much brain power and miles you spend doing the room bookings. Thank you kindly for you undying efforts.  Sorry the turnout was low, maybe we can self-organize and send out our attendance intentions to make critical mass.  Mea culpa for not sending my regrets this week.

Let me second that I really appreciate you taking care of this month after month, Alan.  I'm no longer living in Toronto, so it's a fair bit harder for me to make it to meetings.  I do think being organized well in advance and finding topics that a number of people find interesting is key to getting the attendance numbers up, though.  I can remember some lightning talk nights which were very well attended.  The Arduino night stands out as a very popular one as well.

> June gig or July gig:
> Hey mongeren,
>    We have the efficient and talented Michelle Warren  bookable for either of the next 2 events.  June 27 or July 25.   She has agreed to give her "Efficient Communicator's"  talk and/or "Career"  talk but she is very flexible on topic selections.  We are encouraged to ask for what WE want her to advise us about, so please surf around and share your preferences to this list.
> She lives here:
>
>         http://www.michellewarren.ca/
>
> Take the web content with a grain of salt.  Michelle would excel at "karoake talks", but let's get the topic selection ballparked in the next two weeks.
> IIRC,  her "Efficient Communicator's"  talk is very applicable to I.T. professional corporate life, Pythonesquely humourous, scythingly truthful and effective... but I'm thick-skinned and have know her for years.  Your mileage may vary.  Oh Mr. Doyle!?  I found the paradigms useful for step-relations as well, worked like a charm, but I don't have use for them any more ;-).

That looks like a good idea to me.  I think in June we would normally do the YAPC post mortem.  I'm going to be at YAPC::NA and I know that Matt will be as well. Anyone else planning to be there?

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf.alders at gmail.com

http://www.wundercounter.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)