[tpm] A book worth serious consideration

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Tue Jun 4 13:51:08 PDT 2013

The Creative Destruction of Medicine. How the Digital Revolution Will
Create Better Health Care Eric Topol

http://www.pbgtoolkit.com/book.php?isbn=9780465025503

In the Toronto Public Library

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/detail.jsp?Entt=RDM2873327&R=2873327

US-centric, but the problems he describes are universal.

I'm not sure I agree with some of his optimism, particularly the
enthusiasm for electronic patient records. They strike me as the medical
equivalent of the "Totally Integrated Management Information System", a
buzz-phrase only a few of you will be old enough to remember, which
remains a chimera to this day. (In the mythical, rather than biological
sense.)

Opinions sought from anyone qualified, (even than as a victim of the
sickness industry.)