[tpm] Cross-border contracting
bulk at blit.ca
Wed Jul 31 11:10:27 PDT 2013
I seem to have gotten a small contract with an American company.
Since a lot of people here do cross-border contracting, I was hoping
to get some advice.
My specific questions are (in no particular order):
1. Should I incorporate?
2. Is it true that I can operate a sole proprietorship in my own name
without needing to register anything?
3. Will I need to charge the customer (who is American) HST? (The
point is moot right now because it's not enough money to qualify, but
4. Is there a preferred method of payment?
5. Do I need insurance?
6. Are there any tax gotchas I need to watch out for?
7. Do you have any other advice and/or pointers to resources?
Thanks in advance,
More information about the toronto-pm