[tpm] Gathering meetup.com attendees

Dave Doyle dave.s.doyle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 13:09:50 PDT 2013

On 24 July 2013 16:03, Olaf Alders <olaf.alders at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a very good idea.  If anyone feels motivated to wait in the lobby
> (rather than upstairs) before the meeting, we could have a presence down
> there make sure nobody gets lost/confused.  To newcomers, I think it's kind
> of a confusing way to get to a meeting.

Sadly, it is confusing.  From what I've seen of any tech groups though, we
have something very special: a rock solid reliable place to meet.  I know
of many groups that have expired because of the lack.  Amusingly, I've
noticed the Toronto Python meetup group has been abandoned by it's
organizer.  Gotta keep regular meetings going or face extinction, even the
"cool kids" are susceptible.

Also, of interest, we have 13 confirmed attendees via the meetup.com.  Not
all of you have signed up to meetup.com, so I'd encourage others to do so.
 The visibility in there really helps.

http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Perl-Mongers/