[tpm] Fwd: [Boston.pm] Perl community "The Rising Costs of Aging Perlers"

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Tue Jul 23 10:40:00 PDT 2013

> It's somewhat challenging to find people that are strong in perl and
> "senior", and it's even more difficult to find people like that that are
> actually looking for a job.

Really? I'd like to think I fit that category, and I've given up expecting

> There are tons of people hiring programmers in toronto right now,
See above. Actually, they're not "hiring"; they're posting advertisements
describing people who probably don't exist.

> but many of them are very particular about the kind of people they are
> hiring.

I think that's the problem. I fear becoming boring about the ludicrously
specific requirements in job descriptions. (See my postings about purple
unicorns.)