[tpm] tn1 visa and remote work?

Syed Faisal Akber faisal at akber.net
Sun Jan 27 16:49:53 PST 2013

It depends what you call work in the USA. If it is meetings, then you do not need a special Visa to enter the US.

However, almost everything else constitutes work and requires a Visa.  I hear that an H1 is easier to get than a TN1.  Either way, a proper Visa is required.

Most people who travel occasionally and have to do work, say that they're going for meetings anyways instead of getting a Visa.  If the customs officer beleives you, you're in.

I would suggest talking to an immigration lawyer to be certain of what you can and cannot do.

Faisal
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone