[tpm] Separating modules with Dist::Zilla and Github?

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Sat Aug 17 10:25:23 PDT 2013

Lets say you have a project with a couple of modules:

bin/
lib/Tools/Inflate/
lib/Tools/Inflate.pm
lib/Tools/Inflate/Tire.pm

Tools::Inflate::Tire depends on Tools::Inflate, but they are both in the
same git repo.

You're now interested in using Dist::Zilla to prepare the package, but
we have two packages we'd like to build, Tools::Inflate, and
Tools::Inflate::Tire.

Would it be wise to separate the two modules into separate git repos?
Is that necessary?

Would Dzil know how to prepare and deploy two separate modules from a
single lib/ directory tree (therefore allowing me to keep both modules
in the same git repo)?

Thanks,
-Bobby

--