[tpm] transparently detecting when a file goes missing

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Fri Sep 7 08:08:07 PDT 2012

I think you answered the question yourself.

Tie the filehandle to your package and in the PRINT handler do the open/print/close. The docs can be found here:
http://perldoc.perl.org/perltie.html#Tying-FileHandles

Here is an example:
tie *STDOUT, Shout;

print "aaa\n";

package Shout;
sub TIEHANDLE { my $i; bless \$i, shift }

sub PRINT {
    my $fh;
    open $fh, ">>out.txt";
    $r = shift; $$r++;