[tpm] Change create date of a directory

Antonio Sun antoniosun at lavabit.com
Wed May 23 07:01:43 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Indy Singh <indy at indigostar.com> wrote:

> Makefile #2 uses the timestamp of the output directory as the dummy
> target. It almost works except that the nmake that I am using seems to look
> at the 'create' date of the directory rather than the 'modified' date.

Ha, another "Made by MS" great product. I'm dealing with such great
products everyday and am enjoying the pain.

This is probably a bug in nmake, but I don't want to use something else
> otherwise it will start a chain reaction of more changes to existing
> makefile.

I understand. You've been "Locked in" by MS. For me, I'd take
this opportunity to break away from the brain-damaged tool, and start using
native cygwin make, since you've already using it's touch. Changing the
create time is hard enough, comparing to the make file porting, who knows
what is waiting for you next.

cheers