[tpm] Last night's meeting

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Mon Jan 30 11:07:31 PST 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.  I am glad we never got to look at
my Perl code - I am afraid it is very much version 4 style.  Actually
it might be instructive to have someone review my code to see how it
might be optimized.

The C program was originally developed to be called for command line
use - before I learned any Perl.  A good Perl function would likely
run just as fast.  The program reads in some text coefficient files,
the parameter files, applies the coefficients to the parameters to
calculate the output energy use, then prints the results to text
files.  The intermediate results files would be omitted to the
application may in fact run faster.

The WEB application is at:
http://screen.nrcan.gc.ca/

It was my first Perl mongers meeting although I have been a member of
the egroup since its inception.  I knew nothing about Perl before I
took a course from Harvey at Willcam in 1999 or 2000.

Thanks again for the great evening!