[tpm] OT::Spam Q: Which FOSS for vulnerability scanning do you recommend?

Mike Ashton Mashton at 4All.com
Fri Jan 27 08:33:17 PST 2012

Jordan,

We install fail2ban on server as part of every servers initial install
and it works great.

If you need more industrial strength tools (open source ones ) a few to
look at are:
  Zenos - http://community.zenoss.org/index.jspa
  Nagios - http://www.nagios.org/
  OpenNMS - http://www.opennms.org/about/
  Zabbix - http://www.zabbix.com <http://www.zabbix.com/>
  Icinga - https://www.icinga.org/

I have not yet tested any of these , but plan on implementing a solution
this year so started to collect candidates for further investigation.

Mike