[tpm] thanks!

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Thu Feb 23 20:13:42 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to improving the web site tonight.  It looks great and it's a huge improvement.  One thing that I noticed in the commit messages is a lot of this:

"Merge branch 'develop' of github.com:toronto-perl-mongers/tpm-website into develop"

I think that rebasing will avoid a lot of these merge commits.  So, instead of:

"git pull origin develop"

you can try:

"git pull --rebase origin develop"

As long as your changes have been committed before the pull, you should be fine and it makes for cleaner commit logs.  Not a big issue here, but a handy thing I picked up recently.

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf at vilerichard.com