[tpm] What do we need to do to get the new web site live?

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:36:38 PST 2012

On 2012-12-28, at 10:59 AM, Mike Stok wrote:

> What is left to do to make the new web site developed at a hackathon a few months ago live?  It would be good to start the new year with the new web site up and running....
>
> I have been busy with $work, so I've not been updating the http://to.pm.org site as much as I should.

At this point it's just a matter of deployment.  Right now Matt has it deployed here: http://torontopm-torontopm.dotcloud.com/  If we want to be able to use our current domain name, there's a monthly fee to host at dotcloud.  We could also deploy on Indy's machine, but we'd need the admin of that machine to help out with an apache config to proxy to whichever port number we'll deploy under (unless we deploy the code as CGI).  We could also host it on one of my boxes.  In that case, we don't need to contact anyone for root access and we can install whatever we need etc.

Olaf

--
Olaf Alders
olaf.alders at gmail.com

http://www.wundercounter.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)